Celebrity & InterviewsFeatured
Lynette’s 10 Step Guide to Personal Grooming
Grooming isn’t a luxury. Rather, it’s a sign of respect for yourself and for everyone else around you. Let’s kickstart 2019 with a little more R.E.S.P.E.C.T ladies!
- Drink at least eight glasses of water daily. This is vital to get rid of body and skin toxins and to keep your digestive system regular.
- A healthy diet is equally imperative – add more vegetables and fruits to your meal plans and less carbohydrates and fats.
- Personal hygiene is a MUST. Bathing or taking a shower at least once a day should be a given but if you’re going out at night or it’s been a hot day then another shower at night will go a long way.
- Wash your hands after EVERY toilet and restroom visit – even with a thousand emails waiting in your inbox or a million WhatsApp messages demanding your attention. They can wait.
- Put on fresh under garments every day and don’t make a habit of repeating clothes without carefully checking that they still look clean and smell fresh.
- Make an effort to understand your skin and its unique needs and find the right skin regime for you. Make sure your skin range includes enough spf (sun protection factor) to protect your skin from sun damage and premature ageing.
- Your skin needs rejuvenation regularly. Purchase a good organic body scrub or exfoliate for your skin and use it at least once a week.
- Update or change your hairstyle regularly. Hair is a woman’s crowning glory and a major factor in looking well groomed. Even if you’re working on a tight budget or you’re just a less is more “kinda girl” –still make sure to look well kempt and presentable.
- Clean your teeth at least twice a day and always check your teeth after a food break to ensure you don’t have any food stuck between your teeth. Schedule regular visits to the dentist – at least once a year is recommended.
- Never underestimate the power of well-manicured nails in boosting your confidence. Your nails are always on display, and if you can, make some time to visit a nail salon for a manicure/pedicure at least once a month.
By: Lynette Doma – Glamour Studios