1. Research other festivals worldwide and attend some so your experience is first-hand.
2. Research suppliers for your entire supply chain and make sure to inspect the equipment to make sure its high quality.
3. When searching for musicians, either audition them, or ask them to send videos of their live performances.
4. Map out your potential sponsors and be clear about how you can deliver value through your festival. Understand their requirements and know your market so you can speak in numbers.
5. Thoroughly understand your target – their needs, interests, spending habits, incomes etc.