This creamy pumpkin soup is one seriously flavor-packed comfort food. Ideal indulgence on a cold winter’s day, treat yourself with this delicious body warmer. After all, eating well is self-love!
• 500g fresh pumpkin (peeled, seeded, and cubed into small pieces)
• 60g button mushrooms
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 scallion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, grated
• 2 tsp freshly chopped parsley
• 1 beef bouillon cube (you can use any flavour)
• 2 tbsp pine nuts
• 3 tbsp cooking oil
• salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Finely chop onion and scallion. Clean mushrooms and cut into large pieces, removing stems. Cut pumpkin into cubes.
2. In a saute pan, place in 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, chopped onion and scallion, garlic, and saute over low heat until fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. When just golden place in pumpkin and saute using a wooden spoon to turn. Add in cream and 1 cup of warm water along with one bouillon cube (crumbled). Add a pinch of salt and cook for 25 minutes.
3. In another saute pan, place 1 tablespoon olive oil and place in mushrooms. Add in chopped parsley and pine nuts. Saute until water from mushrooms has just about evaporated.
4. When the pumpkin is tender, remove from heat and when warm (not too hot) place in a food processor or potato masher to make a creamy mixture. If you like your soup steaming hot, place in soup pan for a few minutes till just boiling. Place in a bowl and add in mushrooms, stir. Place in individual serving dishes and serve. Grate some fresh black pepper on top