Entertaining your girlfriend squad on Mother’s Day has never been so easy. Today I share with you a zero fuss delicious Mother’s Day dish that will make your sisterly affair celebrations the most memorable for years to come. So go on and invite your mom, sister, ‘bestie’ and any special lady in your life who also happens to be a mom and have a blast this Mother’s Day.
If you are a lover of pasta, this recipe is just for you And if you thought that pasta is best served with minced meat only?? Oh, you got it all wrong. I must tell you, you cannot go wrong with chicken and pasta. No ways, you just can’t
I love this dish because it’s so quick and easy to prepare plus its ideal for all occasions! It’s a good choice for a special lunch or dinner meal or as a Friday night meal after a long crazy week. This spaghetti dish is also great as a comfort meal to enjoy with your family while catching up on your favourite TV series that you missed during the week, you know what I mean 😉 So don’t hesitate to cook up a storm in the kitchen even after the Mother’s Day celebrations.
Try out this recipe of mine Serves 4:
Chicken, Spaghetti with sweet corn and cherry tomatoes
500g Spaghetti prepared according to package
4 tbsp Sacla Italia tomato and chilli sauce
4 Boneless chicken breast
1 ½ tsp Cajun spice
1 ½ tsp Robertsonsgarlic and herb spice
¼ cup Frozen sweetcorn, thawed
½ cup Cherry tomatoes
4 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp Soya sauce
Salt and Freshly ground pepper to taste
4 tbsp Fresh chopped thyme, dill, parsley and coriander.
- Season the chicken breasts with the cajunspice, garlic and herb spice, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a non-stick large pan over medium heat, add the cherry tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes or so. Remove from heat.
- In the same pan, add the chicken breasts and cook for about 6- 8 minutes on each side or until cooked well, depending on the size. Lastly add the soyasauce. Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepanover medium heat, toss together the cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn, tomato and chilli sauce. Add the chopped herbs, salt and pepper and remove from heat after 2 minutes.
- Transfer toserving plates, slice the chicken breasts into even strips and add it on top of the pasta, garnish with slices of lemon and fresh herbs.
- Serve and enjoy!!
About Pholosho Matondolo- Hello Diva. I am Pholosho Matondolo. A lover of good food – Passionate about cooking – Vegetarian. Funny enough, I don’t eat meat but then againI absolutely enjoy cooking a lot of different tasty dishes that include meat JJ. PS: I am actually not allergic to meat, I just got tired of eating meat hahahaah J. I always say to people. “When passion speaks, nothing can stop you J’’ It’s all for the love of cooking, cooking for my husband, family, friends and for everybody too that fuels my passion. Let’s connect.
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!