Top red flags you’re dealing with a F*ckboy
Signs He’s Probably A F*ckboy
Ever wondered if the guy you’re crushing on is a f*ckboy? Well, spotting a f*ckboy in the wild can be real tricky business. It’s almost as complicated as picking needle’s out of a haystack. Since their origin, any lady who has been in the dating pool for quite some time would certainly agree with me that f*ckboys have historically evolved and continue to evolve. Modified and disguising themselves as suitable mates of course. Truth is, I used to think that a f*ckboy is the kind of guy to ask a girl over for ‘Netflix and chill’’. However, it’s only recently that I’ve come to realise; that’s a stereotypical perception that’s been long dead. These days f*ckboys have now found new ways of approaching their prey. As a result, their tactics and methods are actually becoming more and more difficult to swerve.
“So what is a f*ckboy then?’’ you may ask. A f*ckboy is rather a manipulating, egocentric type of guy who leads girls on just for hook-ups. He will say his really into you or better yet that he loves you just so that he can have sex. Truth being that he actually doesn’t want to deal with all the relationship B.S that comes with being in a fully committed relationship. He is into strictly sexual relationships and will mess with your feelings daaarlling. In essence, f*ckboy’s have no heart but they do very good job pretending that they genuinely care for you.
Now, the key to avoiding or getting rid of the f*ckboy’s in your life is to know and recognize early signs of modern f*ckboyism before you get too attached. Okay, okay. I get it. It is very hard in this day and age to truly know which men are for real and which ones are just interested in sex. Considering that f*ckboys have modernised their cunning tactics and deceptive ways. So if you are after something pretty serious and want to avoid the non-committed men who are just into getting laid, well, look no further diva. Here are some tell-tale signs that the guy you’re crushing on or dealing with is a f*ckboy you should definitely ditch.
- He’s constantly begging for nudes. FUCKBOYS WOULD RATHER HAVE NUDES THAN THE REAL THING.
- He will say hie to you once then won’t talk to you for the rest of the day. YOU HAVE TO TEXT THEM FIRST BECAUSE THEY “FORGET”
- And if he does text, he only sends short text messages, usually one or two worded answers.
- He never wants to be seen in public with you. AND GIRRRLL DOES HE ALWAYS HAVE SOME EXCUSE FOR WHY THE TWO OF YOU CAN’T BE SEEN TOGETHER.
- He blows off your plans to hang but slides into your DMs.
- Says things like, “we should hang” or “let me know when you’re free” but never proposes an actual time and place to meet.
- A coffee date is too serious.
- He will never take the blame.
- You find yourself wondering, “How many other girls is he seeing?
- He will always come crawling back because he can’t withstand the lack of one of his baes
- Ghosting is his thing. HE’LL DISAPPEAR FOR DAYS WITHOUT YOU HEARING FROM HIM. WHEN HE FINALLY RESURFACES HE ACTS LIKE IT’S PERFECTLY NORMAL AND OFFERS NO EXPLANATION.
- He likes your Instagram but doesn’t text you back
- Any guy that booty calls.
- You don’t hear from him ALL day. WHEN 1O P.M. OR 2 A.M. ROLLS AROUND, HE SLIDES INTO YOUR INBOX WITH A “YOU UP?”
- “He gets pissed when you don’t hook up with him.”f u c k b o y
- “If he ever tells you that he wasted his time because you didn’t hook up with him. DEFINITELY A F*CKBOY
- The insistence that he’s a “Nice Guy.”
So there you have it ladies. Consider these as red flags to look for when dating. Now, you are more fully equipped to spot a f*ckboy from afar. If you spot three or more of these behaviours in the guy you’re crushing on, first of all RUN! RUN AS FAST AND FAR AS YOU CAN. Protect your heart! You definitely do not deserve this, so please steer clear. You are worth being listened to and being respected. You are worth being treated like a queen and worthy of a man who can communicate with you in an honest and transparent way…. A man who is in touch with not only your sexual needs; but also your emotional and spiritual needs too.
It’s time to re-evaluate your life and your relationship choices diva. You got this!!!
By Tapiwa Mhlanga