Zenande Mfenyana is a South African Actress who stole our hearts a few years ago when she starred in a popular South African soap Generations. Here role as Noluntu brought her into the limelight. She currently still ha our hearts on fire in her role as Goodness Mabuza in The Queen. She is surely a ‘brainy beauty’ who holds a BA in Drama from the University of Pretoria. A quick run into her and we managed to find out what makes here tick. BY Mutsa Margaret Gunda
- Which career path did you dream of when you were a little girl?
I’ve always loved performing and it’s always come so natural for me, but I never thought I could make a living out of it, and actually be a professional working actress. I once dreamed of being a dentist and a psychologist, but those dreams soon dissipated as my love for performance took over completely. And as I grew older, I realized more and more that performance is my calling and it’s what I need to do.
- Who’s your biggest inspiration in life?
My biggest inspiration is my Mom. She is so resilient and so bold and is never afraid to stand up for what she believes in no matter what the nay sayers say. She marches to her own beat and I love that so much about her
- What’s the first thing on your fantasy list?
The 1st thing on my fantasy list is to go paragliding. I’m acrophobic, so I think I’ll curb my acrophobia in this way.
- How would you describe yourself, mama’s baby or daddy’s girl?
I’m definitely Daddy’s girl, I love my parents equally, but I have a softer spot for my Dad
- Which song is always on replay in your mind?
The one song that’s always on replay in my mind is “Nice&Slow” by Usher. I love sexy times music and this is one of my faves
- If you were stuck in the Amazon with only your back pack, what 5 things would love to have in there?
The 5 things I would have in my back pack if I was stuck in the Amazon would be: *cellphone *tampons *a book *20 liters of water *deodorant
- Your hair… how long have you been growing it and what kind of products do you use?
I’ve been growing my hair for just over 12 years now. I spray my hair daily with water and olive oil for hair (a mixture I make on my own) and I base my scalp twice a week with Moroccan Oil. I treat my hair once a month at the salon.
- Before you go to bed at night, what is that one thought that makes you smile.
Knowing that I am loved and that I am healthy and happy.
- What’s your favourite Tv show & how do you feel about watching yourself on Tv.
Believe it or not, my favourite tv show is The Queen. I’ve loved this show even way before I was on it, I’ve loved it from the 1st episode and have been a hardcore fan ever since. So being on it, is truly a dream come true! I’m very hard on myself and I watch myself with a critical eye. I’ve grown a lot from watching myself coz I’ve had to let go of many bad habits, and that’s how I can sharpen my skill even more.
- Which quote do you live by?
”The best way to get started is to quit talking, and begin doing” – Walt Disney